Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chyler Michelle has arrived!

Big sister holding her new "baby sis" for the first time in the hospital.I love this picture

I'm pretty doped up on drugs at this point, but I felt pretty good!


After she was all cleaned up, Dakoda was more willing to hold her. When they brought her out of the delivery room, Nick said that he showed Chyler to Dakoda and Dakoda just looked at her with disgust and backed up because she still had that cheesy stuff on her and she was still bloody and wet. Haha

Well, Chyler came sooner than we expected. I remember telling my doctor, "oh, well I'll see you next Tuesday, no sooner than that!" oooh boy was I wrong! The Sunday before the c-section, we had a really bad hail storm which also had some tornadoes in the county next to ours and that whole time, I was stuck in our house having labor pains. (of course I have never experienced them before so I wasn't really sure what was going on. I kinda had a feeling that my water broke (which later we found out it did) and I was very restless. It was also a full moon and a lot of people say most babies are born around that time of the month for some reason. Anyways, after waiting 12 hours for the storm to die down and wait for it to be safe to drive to the hospital, Nick drove me and we ended up delivering Chyler at 11:07 that morning. She weighed 6 lbs and 14 oz and was 19" long.




No comments: